Friday, July 06, 2007

Home Groups

Our church has organised home groups to meet across the city- we host one at our house on Monday nights.
Pastor Peter gave us material for the first three weeks, and he came to lead our group himself last week- which was our first meeting. There was only he and ourselves there- although that's no mean number. 10 of us altogether. And he spoke in Russian, explaining the message to us in limited English as he went along.
We sang songs together. In turns- English and then he sang in Russian.
Jenya, Anton and Sasha began to really listen, and Pastor Pete's jovial nature and Belorussian background brought out a few smiles.

As he left he gave me a pile of material for the next two weeks. He'd be away, and I may have to lead the group.

I have spent the last three days on the sofa with a dictionary, trying to translate the four pages of stuff for Monday night. Last night I finished and typed in English the first two pages. Hopefully the second half uses a lot of the same words (>_<)
Today my task is to find and type out songs that we know in both English and Russian.
Please help me God!

No comments: