Friday, August 17, 2007

Music Festival

The music festival happened last Sunday- the groups from Belarus all arrived the week before, stayed at different people's places (including ours) and traveled to different towns, churches and summer camps around southern Sakhalin before the big concert.
They sure worked hard.

There were a couple of different groups- and singers. They played in short rounds- cycling throughout the afternoon and into the evening.
Starting at 3 and finishing at 10pm, there was a lot of time to hang out and hear them all. And for the audience- if they didn't particularly like one style of music, it was only a quarter of an hour before the next group would play. So where's the problem?

I know I'm biased, but these were my favourite guys. Nick gave me a copy of their earlier CD too, so I knew most of the songs when they played.

Antivirus: Ruslan, Vitalik, Max and DimaNick on sound

Our own Sergei joined Spasenie with his blues harmonica

1 comment:

Urbanoid said...

Hey Felicity!!
It's Ruslan.
Im so surpised to find out we're your fav's :)) happy though ;)
Check your email - there's a message 'bout how we got back home, what's going on and so on. Hope my english will be understandable for you :))) hadn't praticed it A HUNDRED YEARS!
Yeah, liars go to hell, I know... :))))

Hug