Thursday, January 18, 2007

あゆみちゃん

Yesterday I went to Toya Lake. It's about 2 hours by train from Sapporo, right in the neck of Hokkaido.


(view from Ayumi's room)


Ayumi was the school nurse assistant at Akashi Shimizu High School, while I was working there. Now she works at Takasago High, hence her presence in Hokkaido- this week was the 2 nen sei ski trip, and Ayumi was on staff as the nurse.

I didn't intend to be in Hokkaido this week, but due to blizzards, sticky visa situations and flight availability, our paths crossed! SO yesterday i went to meet her.

I'd been worried about my rapidly-decreasing (and quite small to start with!) ability in Japanese, but once I met her I realised what the problem was- I can speak Kansai dialect much better than standard Japanese!! LoL

It was so good to see you Ayumi! Come visit me in Sakhalin soon!!


1 comment:

Rosco said...

Felicity!
It's been great reading about your past month in Sakahlin and Japan. I loved seeing the photos too! It's sounds like you have had such struggles with the Visas, but that you are handling them well. I look forward to hearing and seeing more. It must be so cold there!! I don't know how you survive. keep up your great work and service. I pray for the best for you and all those people you are living with.
Kindest Regards,
Ross